This video is about Chemical Kinetics and explains in details the Reaction Rate Laws. After watching this video, you should be able to:
- Know that k and n in the Rate Law must be determined experimentally.
- Understand that the concentrations of products do not appear in the rate law.
- Recognize that the choice of rate law depends on what data is easiest to collect.
- Describe how reaction rates can be experimentally determined using the Method of Initial Rates.
- Determining the value of n (Order of the reactant) from tabulated data.
- Determine the order of reaction from the rate law.
- Determine the overall reaction order.
- Determine the value of the rate constant k.