This video is about Chemical Kinetics and explains in details the reaction rate and the rate Law. After watching this video, you should be able to:
- Understand that chemical kinetics is the study of the speed at which reactants are converted to products.
- Know that reaction rate is the change in concentration of a reactant or product per unit of time.
- Know that the instantaneous rate can be determined by finding the slope of a line tangent to a point representing a particular time.
- Know that the rate of consumption of reactants and the rate of production of products depends on the stoichiometry of the reaction.
- Express the relationship between the rate of reaction and rate of consumption of reactants and the rate of production of products.
- Know that the Rate Law ignoring reverse reaction, is equal to k[Reactant]^n where k is a proportionality constant called the rate constant and n is the order of the reactant (an integer, including zero, or a fraction).
- Know that the differential Rate Law (Rate Law) expresses how the rate of a reaction depends upon concentration.