This video is about Acid – Base Equilibria and explains in details the buffer solution and how to calculate its pH. Moreover, this video discusses the how buffering works and the capacity of a buffer solution.
After watching this video you will be able to:
- Recognize and identify the components of a buffer solution.
- Calculate the pH of a buffer solution, given the concentrations of weak acid or base and their salts.
- Describe how to prepare a buffer solution with a specific pH.
- Explain the buffer mechanism in terms of the reactions that would occur on addition of acid or base.
- Determine the pH of a buffer solution after the addition of a small amounts of strong acid base.