This video is about Electrochemistry and explains in details the Concentration Cell. After watching this video, you should be able to:
- Recognize that the variation in concentrations affects the cell potential.
- Use Le Chatelier’s principle to determine the effect of concentration on cell potential
- Note that a concentration cell (a special type of galvanic cells) could be produced if both compartments are filled with the same components, but in different concentrations.
- Note that in a concentration cell, the reaction proceeds in the direction that will equalize the ion concentration in the compartments
- Use the Nernst Equation to solve for cell voltage under non-standard conditions.
- Calculate the equilibrium constants from cell voltage.