This video is about Electrochemistry and explains in details the Galvanic (Voltaic) Cell. After watching this video, you should be able to:
- Understand that redox reactions produces energy.
- Understand that the energy produced during redox reactions could be harnessed if the reactants are separated by a salt bridge or a porous disk.
- Recognize that the electrons flow produced during redox reaction can be used to do work.
- Know that the Galvanic Cell is a device in which chemical energy is changed to electrical energy.
- Identify the site of oxidation and reduction in a galvanic cell: Oxidation occurs at the anode and reduction occurs at the cathode.
- Identify the direction of electron flow in a galvanic cell.
- Recognize that the Cell Potential (E-cell) is the driving force (electromotive force, emf) on the electrons.