This video is about Electrochemistry and explains in details the Standard Reduction Potential. After watching this video, you should be able to:
- Know that the standard hydrogen potential is a reference potential (Zero).
- Recognize that the standard reduction potentials are measured in reference of the standard hydrogen electrode.
- Describe the make-up of a Galvanic cell involving a given chemical reaction.
- Understand that the E-cell of a galvanic cell is a combination of the potentials of the two half reactions.
- Calculate the standard cell potential value for a given redox reaction.
- Know that, for a galvanic cells, E-cell must be greater than zero.
- Write the line notation a Galvanic cell.
- Construct an electrochemical cell diagram, including identifying the anode, cathode, direction of electron flow, sign of the electrodes, direction of ion flow in salt bridge, from a redox reaction or from short hand cell notation.